Why buy OEM parts instead of aftermarket parts?
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) refers to car parts that are designed, engineered, and developed by the vehicle’s manufacturer. OEM parts match the parts that came with your vehicle when it rolled off the assembly line.
While not all OEM parts are actually made by the vehicle manufacturer (some parts may be outsourced), all parts are made to exact specifications provided by the manufacturer’s engineers, including safety, quality, fit, and performance.
Aftermarket refers to parts and components that DO NOT originate from the vehicle's manufacturer. If the parts are direct replacement parts, they won't void your vehicle's warranty; however, aftermarket parts are not held to the same quality and safety control standards as OEM parts.
SO, why should you choose original equipment car parts over aftermarket parts?
5 Reasons to Buy OEM
- Greater Assurance of Quality: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) car parts are always designed, engineered, and developed by the vehicle’s manufacturer and should work exactly as the parts you are replacing.
- Warranty Retention: Most auto manufacturers back up their OEM parts with a one year warranty.
- Perfect Fit: Because OEM parts are made by the vehicle’s manufacturer, they are designed to fit the vehicle perfectly. Purchasing OEM parts comes with peace of mind that the part will fit your vehicle.
- Safety: OEM parts are rigidly held to federal safety standards and undergo rigorous safety and crash-test procedures that are not required for aftermarket parts.
- Value: Aftermarket parts can decrease a vehicle’s book value. If you lease your car, or plan on selling it or trading it, retaining its resale value should be a top consideration when choosing OEM or aftermarket.
Not All Car Parts Are Created Equal
To address some of the concerns raised about the safety and performance of aftermarket parts, Ford Motor Company made a video of a comparative test of genuine OEM Ford parts versus aftermarket parts:
The video uses computer aided simulation tests, crash sled tests, and actual vehicle crash tests data to compare genuine Ford parts and aftermarket collision parts. In all cases, genuine Ford parts performed as designed; the performance of the aftermarket parts, however, led to questions of doubt concerning proper air bag deployment.
Tasca Parts Has the Right Part for You
If you’re looking for genuine OEM parts, TascaParts.com has what you want. We sell only OEM parts and pledge to have the right part at the right price at the right time for your vehicle.
- Unbeatable pricing on genuine factory OEM replacement parts for ALL of our customers
- Guaranteed 100% order accuracy, when provided with your VIN #
- Exceptional customer service
- Worldwide shipping – on everything